PreHeat and AfterBurn are held each year at Maddox Ranch in Lakeland, FL, and are official fundraisers for Burnt Oranges Inc., a 501c3 nonprofit whose mission is to support Interactive Artists and promote art education.
PreHeat and AfterBurn follow the 10 Principles of Burning Man. Learn and understand them! You will be expected to follow and explore them while in attendance.
AfternBurn 2016 was a great success!
See you in 2017!
- For event dates, check the Calendar.
- Visit the many other pages on this site for lots of information and online forms.
- For community discussion and announcements, join the Facebook Group.
- Invitations can be acquired at BurntOrangesEvents.com.
- On event day, check the Location and Gate Hours to make sure you arrive smoothly.
- Everyone is encouraged (though not required) to volunteer for at least 2 shifts, which can be chosen and reserved at SignUpGenius.com.
How to Prepare:
- Be prepared for “primitive camping” for the duration of your stay.
- Bring all camping gear, food, drink, and other basic needs to be completely self sufficient for 3 days without electricity, drinkable water, or other normal amenities.
- You are provided showers & potties.
- The purchase of ice is available but very limited.
- There are no trash cans.
- If you forget something, you’re allowed to leave, but are not allowed reentry.